Terms and Conditions of Business
An individual or business requesting work from Anne Rogers will be referred to as ‘the client’.
Booking the task
- Initial phone consultation of 30 minutes, this is free for new clients.
- Subsequent tasks will be discussed for up to 15 minutes without charge.
- When a task has been discussed the details will be sent by e-mail or post to the client for confirmation.
- The client will indicate acceptance by reply and these Terms and Conditions will form part of the contract.
- Timescales and deadlines will be agreed prior to commencement of the task.
- The client will ensure that Anne Rogers is provided with all paperwork and information necessary to complete the task prior to the commencement of the task.
- Work can be received by email attachment, post or USB drive.
- All documentation will be scanned using anti-virus software but no guarantees can be issued.
- It is the clients’ responsibility to install anti-virus protection on their own equipment.
- Final proofreading remains the responsibility of the client, however, in the unlikely event of any mistakes being found they will be rectified free of charge if returned within 48 hours.
- The time taken to complete a task will be monitored and recorded. Only time used directly on the task will be recorded; any interruptions or breaks will not be included in the completion time.
- Hourly services: invoices are payable within 14 days of the invoice date. Invoices will be sent by email to the client (unless otherwise requested by the client to send by mail). Invoices will be sent on a monthly basis, on the last day of the month.
- Payment options: Bank transfer, cheque or PayPal (PayPal may charge a small fee).
- All additional costs for mileage, stationery or postage etc will be charged at cost. All Payments to be made within 14 days.
- Payments must be made in UK pounds sterling from a UK bank account or by credit or debit card via PayPal.
- Should any payment fail, the client will be liable for all related charges.
- Anne Rogers is not currently VAT registered.
- Anne Rogers will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, theft etc of data, documents, equipment or any items relating to tasks during transit to and from my premises.
- Final responsibility for proofreading and checking all completed work lies with the client. Anne Rogers will not be held liable or responsible for the end-use of any work completed.
- In no event shall Anne Rogers be liable for any indirect punitive, special or incidental damage (including loss of business, revenue, profits, use, data or other economic advantage) however it arises.
- Clients have sole responsibility for adequate protection and back up of data and/or equipment used and will not make a claim against Anne Rogers for lost data, re-run time, inaccurate instruction, work delays or lost profits resulting from a contract.
- Anne Rogers retains the right to reject work that she feels is illegal, immoral or objectionable.
- All work I undertake is treated IN CONFIDENCE. If required I will sign a client confidentiality clause.
- No details regarding clients or information relating to work carried out will be disclosed or passed to a third party without prior consent unless we are legally obliged to do so.